Sunday, November 11, 2012

world's best chocolate chip cookies

This recipe comes from a high school friend, Lauren Pitt.  I make these ALL the time and they are quite honestly the BEST chocolate chip cookies I've ever had!  They're the perfect ratio of salty and sweet.  Mmmmm.


2 c shortening (I use butter flavored Crisco, it's the secret)
2 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla*
5 c flour
2 tsp salt*
2 tsp baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips (Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips work best)


In an electric mixer cream shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla til fluffy.  Mix in salt and baking soda.  Slowly add flour.  Don't over-mix.  Mix in chocolate chips by hand.  Bake at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes (until barely brown - do NOT overbake).  Immediately remove from pan and let cool.


*When I make these I am generous with the vanilla and salt.  I probably do about 3 tsp each rather than 2.  Makes them extra delish.

No comments: