But today is Valentine's Day, and to celebrate I made homemade peanut butter cups for my friends. When all was said and done I made 96 of these puppies! All were delivered last night. It made me feel happy to spread some love around.
They turned out so cute:
[Love how the shadows on the last photo look like little hearts!]
These are so easy to make, and way too delicious for words. Here's the how-to:
1. First, preheat the oven to 350.
2. Next, make your favorite peanut butter cookie dough. My favorite follows this recipe:
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c margarine
- 1 c peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c milk
- 3 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Cream margarine, sugars, eggs, vanilla, peanut butter, and milk. Add flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
3. Drop dough by spoonfuls into a non-stick mini muffin pan. Bake for approximately 6-7 minutes.
4. While baking, unwrap the correct amount of miniature Reese's peanut butter cups, set aside.
6. Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes and then carefully remove each cookie with a spoon.
7. Place cookies in mini muffin cups of your choice.
It's a peanut butter cup for your peanut butter cup. Mmmmm. Enjoy!