Tuesday, February 16, 2010

cupcake tier cake

Ah, one of my favorite cakes to make. So cute, so easy!

I made this pink one for a Valentine's party I hosted last weekend {sorry the photo is a little blurry}, and the blue one was for Mother's Day of last year. It's always a hit!




How to:

1. Whip up 1 cake mix of your choice according to the directions on the box
2. Use half the batter for 12 cupcakes, and the other half for an 8" round
3. Bake according to directions and then cool completely in refrigerator
4. Frost with icing of your choice {I use a homemade cream cheese icing, the next Dish Delish post will feature that recipe}
5. Keep frosted cake and cupcakes separated and refrigerated until just before guests arrive
6. Tier cupcakes on top of 8" round as follows:
.one.
....four....
.......seven.......
6. Decorate with accessories of your choice {I usually use party beads and artificial flowers}
7. Voila! Enjoy your super cute, super yummy cake!

No comments: