Sunday, January 31, 2010

gourmet in a hurry- raspberry chipotle cream cheese dip

I throw a lot of parties - it's kind of a hobby I have that makes me happy. I have one such party coming up, and I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite appetizers that is so easy to put together, I hesitate to even call it a recipe.

There are three ingredients:

1. One 8oz block of cream cheese

2. Fischer & Wieser Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce {find it at Costco}
this stuff is GREAT because one bottle is good for FOUR parties!

3. Crackers or Pretzels {any type of your choice}




So to put it together, all you do is place the cream cheese on a small serving dish, and then pour about 1/4 of the bottle of sauce on top of the cream cheese. Once that is done, take that serving dish, and place it on a large serving platter. Place pretzels or crackers on the platter surrounding the dish with the raspberry chipotle cream cheese dip. Serve it to your guests!

I have served this appetizer several times at parties, and I always get comments on how "gourmet" it is. If they only knew that putting it together took about two minutes total! Also, the color is beautiful. I love colorful food. Enjoy!

No comments: